International Vilnius Book Fair is the biggest and most important book fair in the Baltic states. It gives a possibility to evaluate the whole publishing market of Lithuania and the neighbouring countries, and to get to know new names of the literary world.
The Vilnius Book Fair is exclusively focused on the reader, books and cultural events. It is also one of the most significant cultural event in Lithuania, the main meeting place of publishers, authors and readers. Over 500 cultural events are held annually during the four opening days, the Fair attracts more than 60 000 visitors. The main accent of the Fair is on books and cultural events, as well as on the possibility for authors to interact with their readers.
Every year the Vilnius Book Fair and its cultural programme is devoted to a special topic. The focus of the 21st International Vilnius book fair: "You should live without formulas, be open to the world." Jonas Mekas. These words of a very well-known Lithuanian and world artist Jonas Mekas who used to declare freedom in his life and artwork.
The Fair will invite visitors to engage in a search of new ways of self-expression, proclaim the freedom of creation, have an open look to the world without any ties with existing stereotypes, and find an individual path for everyone.
Thus, open to the world and without formulas. Starting a new page. This is what the Vilnius Book Fair is. Open to creation, action and word. A place of extraordinary meetings, chats, opinions and endless discoveries where everyone is welcome.
What is special in Vilnius Book fair?
Children‘s and Young Adults Book Hall is the presentation area of the novelties of children literature by Lithuanian and foreign publishers, as well as the space, where young readers can read, talk or play freely and meet their famous book characters or writers on the stage.
Creative Studio invites visitors of the Fair to take part in the creative workshops, readings, meetings with authors of children's literature, world known book illustrators from Lithuania and foreign countries. Creative studio is a part of Children’s and Young Adults Book Hall and is initiated and organized by the famous Lithuanian artist Sigutė Chlebinskaitė.
Forum ishe main area whereserious discussions and intelligent conversations with well-known Lithuanian and foreign representatives of culture, art, business and science take place. The participants of the traditional Vilnius Book Fair Discussion Club invites to enjoy a cycle of deep and intellectual discussions. Lithuanian National Television and Radio (LRT) Hall is the event area, where Lithuanian National TV and Radio broadcasts the most interesting and unusual randezvous with well known guests of the Vilnius Book Fair.
Music Hall. Novelties of Lithuanian music publishers and performers with live music shows. It is the biggest music industry event in Lithuania to begin in Vilnius Book Fair 2015! The organizer is Lithuanian Neighbouring Rights Association AGATA.
Library Open. Friendly and modern library created by the Lithuanian Librarians Association. One more space devoted to reading and networking for young people.
The Book Cinema Hall.The screenings of the latest movies made after well-known novels, and documentary films about writers, poets and artists.
What are cookies ?
Cookies – a small piece of data, which is stored on the user's computer or any device by the users's web browser. Depending on the browser, this data is stored either in small seperate files, or a common file, which records the data of all browsed websites.
Cookies are used by numerous advanced websites in Lithuania and around the globe and can be stored only if your device settings allow it. There are diffrent types of cookies, and websites would not function without them in the way you are used to them functioning.
For example, not using cookies, which confirm that you are logged in, would mean that the website would either not know that it needs to show your profile, or the website would repeatedly display "Error: You must login", since it would not recognize that you are logged in.
In accordance with new legislation, we have prapared a detailed description of cookies used on our website, so that you could decide for yourself if they satisfy you, or if you would rather delete the present cookies, or maybe even disable cookie usage in vilniusbookfair.lt
Cookie usage on vilniusbookfair.lt
Cookies on vilniusbookfair.lt are used to determine whether or not the users of your device have visited our website, to remember the user‘s actions taken on the website (for instance, choosing the language of the website), as well as to collect the overall statistics of how often the website is visited.
List of cookies used on vilniusbookfair.lt
Geolocate, within a State, the people sharing content via social media sites.
Time of validity
Used to recognize users.
Used to recognize users.
Used for controlling traffic.
Allows faster browsing for the user
Used by Google DoubleClick to register and report the website user's actions after viewing or clicking one of the advertiser's ads with the purpose of measuring the efficiency of an ad and to present targeted ads to the user.
Google ad personalisation
Used to link your activity across devices if you’ve previously signed in to your Google Account on another device.
The cookies enable key functionality of YouTube videos. They are used exclusively on pages containing YouTube videos.
up to 10 years
Security cookie to protect users data from unauthorised access.
AddThis does collect some information such as which web page you came from, which type of browser you are using, and your general geographic location. They also assign your web browser a unique identifier. This ID doesn’t, and can’t, say anything about you. It’s a random series of numbers and letters used to distinguish users from each other.
By browsing on vilniusbookfair.lt you agree to have cookies saved on your computer or other device. You can change that at any time by changing the settings on your web browser and deleting the cookies that have been saved. You can find information on how to do soon the support pages of these web browsers:
An IP address is a number, by which individual computers or other devices that are used to connect to the internet are recognized and distinguished from one another. In most cases, the server automatically collects IP addresses and uses them in running the website. IP addresses are usually used along with cookies so that the latter could remember computers or other devices used to connect to this website. This website uses IP addresses along with cookies.
Answering your questions
If any questions or inquiries arise in regard to the information presented here, please contact us by e-mail: email@example.com
3. Website services are services related to clients’ information and the provision of clients’ information (hereinafter – Website services), which include the provision of information about events, available infrastructure, pricing, services, activities of the Group of Companies, results, news.
4. The Company has the right to amend the Rules on a unilateral basis by publishing it on the Website. Amendments to the Rules will come into effect the moment they are published on the Website. If after the amendment or supplement of the Rules, a Visitor continues using the Website services, it will be considered that the Visitor agrees with the new wording of the Rules.
Which information is collected?
5. We collect information about Website visitors who subscribe to the Company’s newsletters: news, publications, offers and information about events:
5.1. Information about the Visitor’s computer and Visitor’s visits and use of this Website, including the Visitor’s IP address, times and dates of login to the Website;
5.2. Any other information that a Visitor can provide to the Company at any time by using the Company’s Website, services or communicating with representatives of the Group of Companies.
6. By registering, a Visitor gives his/her consent to the Company to collect and manage the Visitor’s provided personal data, so that the Company can send news and publications subscribed to by the Visitor, offers and information about events, and promotions.
How do we use your provided data?
7.1. To enable the Visitor to use the Company’s Website and services provided;
7.2. To send the Company’s news, offers, promotions, notices about current/future events and other information related to the services provided by the Company by email or other means indicated by the Visitor. This information is sent once a Visitor expresses his/her separate consent by clicking an appropriate field. A Visitor can refuse to receive such news and information by sending an email to the Company or clicking on the interactive link at the bottom of a received notice expressing the wish to longer receive direct marketing notices in the future.
8. A visitor’s data will be stored for no longer than required by the established data management purposes and no longer than 3 (three) years after the Visitor’s last login to the Website. When personal data is no longer needed for its management purposes or the established storage term expires, the data will be safely destroyed, with the exception of data that must be transmitted to state archives in cases established by the laws.
9. The Website, its content, code, domain name, all copyrights, trademarks, company names and all other intellectual or other property contained in it belong to the Company in full extent and protected by the effective national and international intellectual property and other legal acts.
Without the consent of the Company, a Visitor has no right to multiply, record, reproduce, execute, transfer, sell, licence, modify, create derivatives, transfer, present, edit, place, transmit, publish, form, distribute or use (in full or in part) the Website, its content or code, as well as otherwise use the Website, its content or code in any form or by any means.
Management of personal data
10. Personal data provided by a Visitor on the Website is managed by the Company in accordance with these Rules, the requirements established by the Law on Legal Protection of Personal Data of the Republic of Lithuania and other legal acts of the Republic of Lithuania regulating personal data management and protection.
11. Visitor has the right to address the Company with enquiries, to revoke given consents, to submit requests for the exercise of the Visitor’s rights and complaints regarding personal data management.
The Company’s trust phone is +370 696 19340, trust email firstname.lastname@example.org or a Visitor can come to the Company’s office with a personal identity document.
12. Visitors have the right:
12.1. to request the Company for information about a Visitor’s personal data managed by the Company;
12.2. to request the Company to correct a Visitor’s personal data and/or stop the management of such personal data, except for storage, in cases where after familiarising himself/herself with the personal data, a Visitor discovers it to be incorrect, incomplete or inaccurate;
12.3. to request the Company to destroy a Visitor’s personal data and/or stop the management of such personal data, except for storage, in cases where after familiarising himself/herself with the personal data, a Visitor discovers it to be managed unlawfully or unfairly;
12.4. to disagree with the management of a Visitor’s personal data, where such data is managed or intended to be managed for direct marketing purposes, or because of unlawful interests pursued by the Company or a third party to whom the personal data is provided.
13. Personal data must be accurate, adequate and only of the volume that is necessary for their collection and further processing. If needed for personal data management, the personal data can be updated on an ongoing basis.
14. The Company undertakes an obligation not to disclose Visitors’ personal data to third parties, other than the Company’s partners providing services related to the appropriate provision of the Website services. In all other cases, Visitors’ personal data can be disclosed to third parties exclusively in accordance with the procedure established by legal acts of the Republic of Lithuania.
16. A Visitor can review on his/her browser which information (cookies) is installed by the Company, and delete all or any cookies installed. By using the Website, a Visitor agrees to the installation of the Company’s cookies into his/her computer (device). A Visitor can revoke such consent by changing his/her browser settings, but in such an event certain functions of the Website may be deactivated.
17. A Visitor can find out about cookies used on the Website at any time.
18. The Rules are governed by the law of the Republic of Lithuania. Any disagreements between the Website and a Visitor will be settled through amicable negotiations. In case of failure to reach agreement by the Parties through amicable negotiations, any such disputes will be finally settled at the courts following the procedures established by the laws of the Republic of Lithuania.
19. The Company does not undertake an obligation to ensure uninterrupted operation of the Website since its operation may be affected by factors beyond the will of the Company, but undertakes an obligation to exert all reasonable efforts to ensure the smoothest possible operation of the Website. In all cases, the Company bears no responsibility for consequences caused by the above-mentioned interruptions in the operation of the Website.
20. For all questions regarding the operation of the Company and the Company’s actions of personal data management, please send an email to email@example.com call +370 696 19340, or write to Laisvės pr. 5, Vilnius 04215, Lithuanian Exhibition and Congress Centre LITEXPO UAB, or come to the Company’s office with a personal identity document.
Form of consent to the processing of personal data
1. I agree that Lithuanian Exhibition and Congress Centre LITEXPO UAB and its affiliates Litexpo Events UAB, Ovantis UAB, registered at Laisvės pr. 5, Vilnius, email: firstname.lastname@example.org, phone 85 245 4500, for 5 years from this consent to manage, collect and process my personal data related with my forename, surname, contact details (phone number, email), employer's name, employer's contact details (phone number, email, registered address) for direct marketing purposes, i.e. to address me by phone or electronic mail with the purpose:
to provide information and advertising materials about the services and news of Lithuanian Exhibition and Congress Centre LITEXPO UAB, and other companies specified above;
to provide information about present/future events or promotions, invitations and reminders to participate in them;
to find out my opinion on matters related to the activities of these companies;
to give offers.
2. I am informed and understand that I have the right:
to familiarise myself with my provided personal data;
to learn about my personal data management;
to request to correct incorrect, incomplete or inaccurate personal data, or to request its transfer;
not to agree to my personal data management, including personal data management for direct marketing purposes;
to request Lithuanian Exhibition and Congress Centre LITEXPO UAB and other companies specified above to delete my personal data or stop management of such data.
3.I am informed and understandthat I have the right to revoke my consent regarding personal data management for direct marketing purposes at any time and to exercise other specified rights, upon request to the Lithuanian Exhibition and Congress Centre LITEXPO UAB, by applying to the contacts specified in this consent and upon presentation of a personal identity document.
4. I am informed and understandthat my personal data will be managed for direct marketing purposes for maximum 5 (five) years from the moment of this consent, unless I express disagreement (I can do that by clicking a link in every email message or by applying to the Lithuanian Exhibition and Congress Centre LITEXPO UAB by the contact details specified) for the management of my personal data for the above-mentioned purposes and/or revocation of my consent. In such event I understand that the Group of Lithuanian Exhibition and Congress Centre LITEXPO UAB will stop my personal data management for direct marketing purposes from the day of my disagreement and/or receipt of my revocation of consent by the Lithuanian Exhibition and Congress Centre LITEXPO UAB. Revocation of consent will not affect the management of your personal data and consequences of such management before your revocation of consent or declaration of disagreement with direct marketing.
5. I am informed and understand thatin case of failure to settle an issue with the Lithuanian Exhibition and Congress Centre LITEXPO UAB, I have the right to apply to the State Data Protection Inspectorate which is responsible for the supervision and control of legal acts regulating personal data protection.
6. I am informed and understand thattheLithuanian Exhibition and Congress Centre LITEXPO UAB will send information for directing marketing by using a newsletter sending platform provided by Sender.lt UAB.
7. Personal data is received by us directly from you or:
from legal entities, when you are a representative, employee, contractor, founder, shareholder, stakeholder, owner of such legal entities, etc.;
from business partners related to our activities, or other legal entities we cooperate with; from public data files available online.
Upon your consent for the receipt of messages, your personal data will be included in an electronic database managed by Lithuanian Exhibition and Congress Centre LITEXPO UAB, will be managed and stored in digital form by ensuring the security of your personal data management.
How to contact us?
By e-mail:email@example.com,entering 'Refuse' in the subject field and specifying your forename, surname and address, phone number, email address you do not wish to receive information to.